Florence County Fair - Florence, WI
August 23-24-25, 2019
Florence County Fairest of the Fair
Page last updated: 07/27/18
Current Fairest of the Fair
- All contestants must be at least 17 years old by August of the current year
- All contestants must reside in Florence County and must have established residence at least one year prior to entry or participated in the Florence County Fair at least one year prior to submitting their fairest application
- The contestant agrees that the time, method and manner of judging shall be solely within the discretion of the rules and regulations set forth by the Florence County Agricultural Society and the Wisconsin Association of Fairs and that the decision of the selection committee shall be final
- Applications are due August 10 and the winner will be officially named at the fair in August
- Represent the Florence County Fair during community activities at the fair with specific assigned duties and events:
- An evaluation will be provided to the Fairest with the requirements to help him/her stay organized and keep up a schedule. This evaluation will be used in bi-weekly meetings with a member of the fair board.
- Will be chosen based on application, references and involvement in the Florence County Fair
- Serves a year long term – from August to August
- After completion of the fair, the fair board will look at the evaluation of the fairest responsibilities to determine if he/she is eligible to compete in the state competition the following January.
- Completed application, eligibility certification, and code of conduct must be submitted to the Florence County Agricultural Society by August 10, 2018.
Expectations of Involvement:
- Once selected to be the Fairest of the Fair an informational/organizational meeting will be setup to review your schedule and plan your involvement in advertising the fair and in the fair itself. The Fairest of the Fair appearances will be scheduled according to your schedule, and a member of the Fair Board is always in attendance with you at appearances.
- The Fairest of the Fair will be expected to enter an exhibit into the fair and help during the fair. The Timeline of Events is a guide for when the Fairest should be available. If for some reason the Fairest cannot attend an event, other arrangements can be made. This schedule will be discussed at the meeting held in June.
- The Fairest may be asked to help promote the program and the fair next year.
The Fairest of the Fair Application is due on August 10. Please download and complete the form to the left. It can be mailed to: Florence County Fair; P.O. Box 704; Florence, WI 54121 or e-mailed to email@example.com
If you have questions regarding the program, please contact the Fairest Coordinator, Jessica Klumpp at 906-282-9153
Timeline of Events:
- August 22—help with exhibit registration
- August 23—help with judging
- Fair Schedule yet to be determined:
Helping Advertise the 2017 Fair
July 4 – Iron Mountain parade
August – Keyes Peak Summerfest
August—Aurora Mud Runs
October 1—Application is due if
participating in the state competition
Former Fairest of the Fair
2013 - Nicole Weber (Secrist) of Florence
2011 - Chelsie Leslie of Aurora
2009 - Katie Yadro (Malinowski) of Florence
2008 - Ashley From of Florence
2007 - Liz Watson (Sailo) of Florence (Spread Eagle)
2017 FLORENCE CO. FAIREST OF THE FAIR
Brooke Soderberg, daughter of Jean & Scott Waitrovich and Kraig Soderberg of
Florence, will be crowned the 2017 Florence County Fairest of the Fair.
Brooke has been an active exhibitor and participant in the Florence County Fair for most of her life. Brooke is a graduate of Florence High School and is currently attending NWTC in Green Bay, WI and studying dental hygiene.
Brooke will be crowned at the Fair on Friday, August 25 at 6:00 p.m. by former Florence County Fairest of the Fair, Nicole Weber. Join us for the crowning, and stop by to say “hi” to Brooke throughout the fair.