Florence County Fair - Florence, WI
August 26-27-28, 2022
Florence County Fair Special Exhibit Contests 2022
The Florence County Fair serves as a showcase to highlight the many and varied talents of Florence County residents. One of the ways to do this is by making entries that can be put on display at the Florence County Fair.
All of the Special Exhibit Contests listed on this page are open to Florence County Residents as well as those outside of Florence County. These are different than traditional exhibits entered in the fair.
Click on the file provided by each of the contests to get a printable version of the contest rules and regulations.
Items created for these contests have no preregistration requirement, and there is no cost to enter any of these contests. All items must be brought to the Exhibit Building at the Florence County Fair Park on Wednesday, August 24, 2022 between noon and 6 p.m.
Page last updated: 07/21/22
Blue Ribbon Artist Contest
Blue Ribbon Apple Pie Contest^
Pie Must include at least 60% apples in the filling
Filling must be made from scratch by exhibitor
It does not need to be a “traditional” two crusted apple pie
The entire pie must be submitted for judging in a disposable pie pan, but it should be covered with tinfoil, plastic wrap, etc.
400A1Blue Ribbon Apple Pie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Championship^
Each entry must contain chocolate chips
Each entry must be homemade (no mixes)
Store bought cookies are not accepted
Cookies should be approximately 2” in size
Please submit your entry of 12 cookies on a paper plate(s) covered with plastic wrap or in a plastic ziploc bag
400B1Chocolate Chip Cookie Championship
Coloring Contest* (3 different pictures)
Crayon, colored pencil, marker and/or paints may be used
Additional Copies of All Coloring Pages can be printed here
300C1Mosaic Coloring Page (in Special Exhibit Book) 300C2Flower Coloring Page (in Open Class Book) 300C3Vegetable Coloring Page (in Youth Class Book)
Loop It - Loop Yarn Contest*
All entries must be made using Loop Yarn
400C2Blanket—Small Approximately (36” x 36”) 400C3Blanket—Medium Approximately (50” x 60”) 400C4Blanket—Large Approximately (50”+ x 60”+) 400C5Any other item, identified
A celebration of OREO cookies
All artwork must be done by the exhibitor
Any type of Oreo cookie and/or packaging for Oreos may be used
300L3Other drawing/painting using non-traditional mediums and/or materials 300L4Recycled Item using box/packaging 300L5Recipe made using Oreo Cookies—the remainder of the food entry must be made from scratch~
Trail Cam Contest (no age groups in this contest only)
Photos can be from cameras with film (traditional) or digital
All photos must be taken with a trail cam by entrant and must print the date & time ribbon on the bottom
Photos should be submitted with a minimum size of 5x7
On the back of the photo identify the location (township, county and state where the photo was taken)
Entries should not be framed or mounted
Entry Form & Local Rule and Regulations
How to Enter Exhibits:
- Registration Dates: If you have questions, you can call the fair at 906-282-9153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pre-Registration is until August 10.
- Entries will be accepted after August 10, but it is requested that after August 11, you email your entries or bring your entry form with you to the fair on August 24. All items must be registered and brought to the fair by August 24.
- Please note: It is easier and quicker for you to preregister all of the items you think you might be bringing and then cancel those items that weren’t ready when you drop off your items.
- Those pre-registered will have their entry tags printed and waiting for them when they come to drop off their exhibits.
- Pre-registered exhibitors may still add or remove items from their registration form when they bring their items to the fair.
- Please schedule a time to drop off your items on August 24. Due to current social distancing guidelines, only 2-3 exhibitors will be allowed in the building to drop off items at one time. You will need to sign-up for a drop-off time between noon and 6 p.m. on Wednesday, August 24. If you preregister, you can indicate your time preference on the form. If you do not preregister, you will need to call or e-mail to setup an appointment to drop off your items.
Mail to: Jessica Klumpp, Executive Director
P.O. Box 704
Florence, WI 54121
E-mail to: email@example.com
- Exhibits cannot be released before 4:00 p.m. on Sunday. Exhibits may be picked up between 4 and 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 28. You will be able to sign-up for a pick-up time when you drop off your exhibits. If this day and time does not work for picking up exhibits, please let us know when you bring your exhibits on Wednesday.
- There is a registration form on page 2. You may make copies or write on a blank sheet of paper. The same entry form can be used for kids (youth class), adults (open class) and special contest entries. Each individual must have their own form.